Powered By Blogger

22 March 2020

Sidestepping Covid-19... Part 2 - Paraguay

Having skipped Paraguay and the grand chaco traverse into Bolivia during my cycling tour of South America - I had always been very keen to head back and tick the 'other' landlocked country of the continent. A few weeks before setting off, I had become acquainted with Rockjumper's newest recruit (Meg). To say that Meg was a birding neophyte at the time would have been an understatement, but she entertained my bird focused ramblings - even though I neglected to consider the time zone differences. Chaco Owl kept me awake for a number of nights, with only the odd road side flushed sighting. After yet another night without much luck, I arrived at the lodge late with all the intention of some sleep - only to have that thought dashed with the distinctive sound of a Chaco Owl calling nearby. A very accommodating individual gave me prolonged views and numerous photo opportunities, something I was very keen to share with Meg - who had also waited up late to share in a vicarious sighting.
Chaco Owl. Filadelfia, Paraguay. 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment