Powered By Blogger

25 March 2020

Sidestepping Covid-19... Part 3 - Morocco

To date, the 2017 winter tour of Morocco is the last Rockjumper tour that I worked on as a Tour Leader (I co-led with Mark Beevers). Since then, I have remained firmly ensconced behind a desk - a mostly self-inflicted predicament. Poor Meg and Kai only got a vicarious look at this fascinating, culturally rich country that abounds with cool larks, the critical endangered Northern Bald Ibis and large flocks of various sandgrouse.

I spent a night pre-tour in the High Atlas enjoying the falling snow, only to come seriously close to getting stuck in Oukaimeden in my little rental and missing the start of the tour... As it happened, Mark and I spent 11 days hoovering up nearly every possible bird special, nailing stunning views of Aoudad (Barbary Sheep) and consuming a good deal of Tagine and Couscous.

Sorry my lovely ladies - I'll take you both to Morocco one day...

Greater Hoopoe-Lark, Merzouga, Morocco. 2017.

A high resolution version of this image is available on my Shutterstock page.

No comments:

Post a Comment